Rehab Update

Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening to you. Thank you for stopping by! I'm really not even sure where to begin I'm so overwhelmed with the last couple days events. 

Let me just begin by saying my doctor really got on my nerves today. She's the first doctor I'm ever going to fire because of her bedside manner and her lack of compassion. Although I should name names, I'm not going to in this situation.

I live in West Virginia and I have severe stage 4 bed sores. None of the nursing homes in West Virginia want to accept me because of my wounds. So in their ultimate wisdom, the hospital staff seems to think it's best for me to go to Piketon Ohio which is several hours away from my home. I would not see my family until I got out of there and I could be there for over a month. They're justification is that I have antibiotic IV but I have to take and finish a course of. They didn't like it when I reminded them the last time I was discharged from the hospital they did so with IV antibiotics and we even had wound vacs.
The doctor made me really angry especially with the way she was acting about everything. I am by no means a xenophobe, but it is obvious she comes from a different country and she has different values and standards than we do. For me it's all about family! I cannot go somewhere that is a horrible place to begin with, they have horrible reviews on Google and complaints lodge against them from the state. She was very snied with me and with a lack of compassion said that she was going to send me regardless of what I wanted and I could appeal it with Medicare if I didn't like it.
Well I don't like it! I don't like it at all, and I certainly don't like being talked to and treated the way I was. No human being deserves that in my opinion especially from someone in the position of a physician. Call me old school or crazy but it's just my thoughts.
Lori, the lady who's trying to discharge me and does all the paperwork etc etc told The help that I had hired a bold-faced lie: she advised them that they would have to change my wound vac which is not true. The home health nurse will have to change the wound vac. So as a result of this one of the helpers I had lined up for my home health backed out and quit. So I had less than 24 hours nearly less than 12 hours actually to find a replacement which I have. Lori then told me that they needed to be here at 8:00 a.m. the next day, and then told them that they needed to be here at 7:30 a.m. the next day. This is very wishy-washy and unprofessional. 
So today my caregivers and my fiance get trained on how to change my IV and properly take care of the wound vac system if it starts leaking. These doctors at this facility or something else. One of the surgeon actually wanted to cut off my legs for no other reason than to give me better mobility. He said that he would bet me the cost of medical school which is approximately 200 k that I would not regret it. And I told him with technology coming the way that it is, how stupid would I feel if I let him cut my legs off, and then I got the feeling back and could move them again but only had stubs.
I kept my temper and I kept my big mouth shut for the most part. I'm just trying to get through this so that I can get home. The best nurse I've had and the best caretaker I've had is my fiance Katrina who is a magical person! I'm not sure what I would do without her; oh yes I am, I would die a slow painful death in a nursing home from neglect. It's sad but true.
Thanks for listening to my event and please follow me on the blog. Below you find a link to my link tree Please check it out it's got some interesting stuff on it. Thank you once again and have a pleasant day, God bless you all I love you and Jesus name.

Check out link tree for many cool links including out FB Group & Pinkies People (prayer request from). Have a great day!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Update