I really don't know where else to turn.  I was really excited when I started the Fund Anything site.  I was very excited when a couple people chose to donate but now it has fallen short of my expectations.  Delving into the madness which is my mind has been scary.  I have a lot on my plate and I question a lot of things that have happened to me recently.  I was raised by a decent family.  They are on a limited and fixed income.  I have basically no income at all.

I worked hard and always tried to do the right things in life...including helping those in need.  I was taught if you do good things, then good things will come your way.  It disappoints me when I look through some of the Fund Anything and Fund Anything sites to see people raising money for hobbies and sometimes pure nonsensical things that really don't matter.

I have a lot of pride in who I am and it is difficult for me to lay things on the line and go the public to ask for help.  It is really frustrating fighting for SSI when you know you deserve it.  For God's sake the condition I have been diagnosed with (Ankylosing Spondylitis) is a known disabling illness in the Federal Code of Regulations.  I even had to hire an attorney (who gets about $6,000 of my back pay, if and when I receive it) just to get what I deserve.

I didn't ask for this.  This is not something that happened to me because of something I chose to do.  I got in this situation through no fault of my own.  It pains me to be on the little bit of public assistance that I get (Food Stamps and $115 cash per month).

I guess the bottom line is that I'm in a tight spot.  I'm reaching out for help and I know from seeing the donations on other pages that are for silly things that don't amount to anything that someone is out there that can help.  Someone has a little extra money that could make a major difference in my life.  I need that help and I am not getting it.  I really don't know what else to do.  I guess Forrest Gump is right, "Life is like a box of chocolates;  you never know what you're gonna' get."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Update